FACULTY POSITIONS WANTED

It has recently been learned from a very special source of information that St. Stephen's College is dealing with the liquor problem in its own novel and peculiar fashion. At the beginning of the year a notice is sent to each student to the effect that all liquor within a radius of twenty miles of the college has been tested by the authorities and found unfit to drink. It is suggested that the students lay off the stuff too. Apparently no information is given as to where a one can get a decent drink, but presumably it is assumed that any bright boy with a college education ought to be able to find out such things for himself; those who can't find it don't deserve to have any, that's all.

This is certainly a fine plan, and adds just the proper zest and sporting instinct to a game which in other places has started to become a bit tiresome. Unfortunately the speakeasy, like the fox at the hunt, doesn't stand a chance, but the plan is a laudable effort to keep alive one of our finest national sports. And in twenty miles there is plenty of time to sober up.