HOUSE FOOTBALL CANDIDATES WILL TURN OUT TODAY

Soccer and Touch Football Leagues, Cross Country Race Planned--New Crew Recruits Report to Brown

House football will get under way today with a meeting of all candidates for the seven House teams at 2.30 o'clock on the field to the left of the Jayvee gridiron. At the same time new recruits for the crews which are working out daily under Coach E. J. Brown '96 will report at the Newell Boat House.

The coaching staff in charge of football candidates, headed by A. W. Samborski '26, secretary in charge of House athletics, consists of E. S. Amazeen '31, graduate secretary of Phillips Brooks House; S. C. Burns '30, former Crimson end; and Sam McDermid, West Point graduate. As soon as possible the men will be divided into House squads, and tentative captains, charged with scheduling practice, will be appointed. Later in the season leaders will be elected.

Schedules, not drawn up as yet, will include at least two games a week for each team, with outside contests against such teams as Andover, Exeter, Milton, and a Yale intramural eleven. Medals may be struck for members of the championship team.

Under the direction of Coach Brown crews from Lowell and Dunster have been practicing daily. Brown is conducting fall workouts informally, but plans several races. These races will be rowed in pairs or in larger groups, according to the number of crews on hand.

Other fall sports will be organized as the season advances. A shortage of fields will keep the touch football league out of action until the close of the House football season. Next week is expected to see the organization of a House soccer leagu8e, under the direction of Coach Carr. If enough elevens cannot be formed, seven-man teams are a possibility.

Golf tournaments will probably be held in each House, with the three ranking players in each unit joining an inter-House league. A cross country race open to members of all Houses is also projected.

In each House printed cards have been handed around asking men to sign up for the sports in which they intend to take part.