Crimson Harriers Outrun I.C.4A Opponents in a startling Victory.

Murphy, Fox, Barrie, and Foote Follow Closely--Dean Leads Field for Penn Team

New York, N. Y. Nov. 16--Led by Captain Pen Hallowell, the Harvard cross country team today flashed through to a brilliant and overwhelming victory in the annual I. C. 4A meet on the Van Cortlandt Park course, making a total of 44 points.

Taking its first win since 1912, the Crimson harriers put a closely bunched group among the first twelve finishing runners and took temporary possession of the coveted silver trophy which either Syracuse, Pennsylvania, or Cornell had hoped to gain permanently by a win today. The Harvard men, as they finished in order, were: Hallowell, 6; Murphy, 7; Fox, 8; Barrie, 11; Foote, 12: Estes, 20; Currier, 36. Daniel Dean of Pennsylvania led the field into the finish with a time of 29 minutes, 23 seconds.

Pennsylvania was the Crimson's closest competitor with a total of 95, then came Penn State with 100, N. Y. U. with 129, and Syracuse with 142. Clark Chamberlain, Michigan State runner, who was attempting to retain his last year's crown, annexed second place, but was not counted in the team results as only colleges with five finishing men are able to compete for the trophy. Chamberlain was but five seconds behind Dean, and Parker of N. Y. U. followed him in.