SIX VETERANS REPORT IN BASKETBALL SQUAD

Wachter Opens Regular Practice With 35 Players--More are Expected to Join When Football Season Ends

A Squad of 35 men has reported to Coach Ed Wachter for formal basketball practice and is working out every day on the top floor of the Indoor Athletic Building. Some of the Players have had two weeks of informal work already but the opening of intensive practice was delayed until after the close of the crew season. when Coach Wachter could be present. It is expected that the present squad will be carried along for two weeks before the first cut takes place.

The team this year faces an unusually difficult season, including on its schedule Columbia and the University of Pittsburg, recent intercollegiate champions, as well as Navy and Yale. Last year's team lost to Yale but aside from this had a satisfactory season and most of its members are back again this year. With these men as a nucleus and material from last year's temperamental Freshman team, Wachter believes he can get together a strong aggregation to meet Tufts on Saturday, December 12, in the initial game.

The veterans who have reported are: J. B. Appelbaum '32, S. C. Borman '33, W. A. Buppuch '33, A. J. Matursevitch '33, Captain G. H. Pattison '32, and W. A. Schroeder '33, Several other men including C. H. Bageman '33, Vahan Moushegian '32, C. J. Nevin '34, and H. K. Wells '34. are expected to report at the close of the football season.