TEAM HAS LIGHT DRILL STRESSING YALE PLAYS

ELIS DRILL ON PASS DEFENSE AND ON NEW PLAYS

New Haven, Nov. 18--Concentrating chiefly on forward and lateral pass defense, the university football team went through a hard scrimmage with the crimson clad scrubs today. The only touchdown of the afternoon was scored by the first team as the result of a march from midfield.

Because of the fact that the scrimmage was devoted to the execution of now plays devised by Coach Stevens for use in Saturday's game the practice, was secret. During half of the supervised scrimmage, the scrubs launched a passing attack, both forward and lateral.

Holcombe held down the center position for the first team and indications are that he will start the game on Saturday. Captain Booth and Lassiter alternated at left halfback, the former being in the game when the touchdown was made.

After the scrimmage the first team went over to the Anthony Thompson Field for a long signal drill.

The first team lineup was as follows: l.e., Flygare; l.t., Wilbur; l.g., Nichols; l.e., Holcombe; r.g., Rotan; r.t., Hall; c., Barres; q.b., Parker; l.h.b., Booth; h.b., Crowley; f.b., Levering.