YALE ATHLETIC CONTROL GOES TO ADMINISTRATION

CHANGES IN ORGANIZATION DUE TO HOUSE DEVELOPMENT

New Haven, November 20--That sweeping reforms in the administration of the athletic department of Yale University are shortly to go into effect, was made known last night with the announcement of the plans for the fall meeting of the executive committee of the Yale Alumni Board. The changes, which are necessitated by the rapid development of competitive athletics as well as by arrangements for inter-House sports, are to be revealed by President James Rewland Angell at a meeting held today at the Yale Club of New York.

It is claimed that the alterations in policy will, mean the transference of athletic control from graduate committees to the university administration itself; facts indicate that the reconstruction will largely occupy itself with a reduction in personnel, and with the condensing of the two boards at present in control under one head--that of the administration.

Until today intercollegiate athletics at Yale have directed by two main interests, represented by the athletic director and by the chairman of the board of control, a group made up largely of graduate bureaus. President Angell will announce today the union of these two interests, headed by the chairman of the board of control, which is to be reduced from 24 to 12 members. The position of chairman is at present occupied by Professor R. S. Rose.

Although two undergraduates and two alumni are to be retained on the board, it will be comprised mainly of officers in the university. The president, the deans of the College, of Sheffield, and of the freshmen, a representative of the treasurer's office, of the department of university health, and of the faculty, are to occupy the eight remaining seats. The business manager is to be the salaried business agent of the remodeled association, and not as formerly a voting member of the board.