HARVARD AND YALE

Today Yale is here. Every other November, Harvard plays host to her Eli contemporaries, while the alumni of the two institutions unite in festivities.

Their fiftieth football game is the particular occasion for this gathering of Eli and Harvard men. This year, certainly, the visitors from New Haven will wonder at the physical changes which have taken place about Cambridge. And next autumn, Harvard men must undoubtedly receive a similar surprise as they wander through Yale's Harkness House Plan.

During the past week hundreds of articles have been written chronicling the various periods of Harvard and Yale football since the first contest was staged. Many more could tell the different attitude which the undergraduate bodies have felt during the past decade. The great rallies of ten years ago were discarded in the transitional years of 1924 to 1928. And now, the most visible sign of interest and tenseness is the eagerness with which most undergraduates have been reading every inch of newspaper reports, most of which are little more than repeated restatements of a few fundamental and well assimilated facts concerning the condition and abilities of various players.

Harvard men, throughout this long era of rivalry, have always welcomed Yale's visits to Cambridge, and even though they, have added reasons for wanting a Crimson victory this afternoon, they welcome Yale today.