APPLICATIONS FOR FIVE STIPENDS DUE TOMORROW

SOCIAL SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP FOR INDEPENDENT RESEARCH

A year of study at Athens will be the award to the winner of the Charles Henry Norton Fellowship in Greek, the applications for which close tomorrow.

Candidates for the fellowship must either be undergraduates at Harvard or Radcliffe or graduates of one of these institutions and are chosen by a committee appointed by the Department of Classics. A thesis on a subject approved by the committee and their grades and all other accessible evidence of scholarship are the grounds upon which the candidates are chosen, but in exceptional cases the thesis may be dispensed with at the descretion of the committee. No account will be taken in determining the award of the candidates' financial condition.

Applications must be handed in to the chairman of the Department of Classics by tomorrow, and the thesis on subjects approved by the committee by February 15. The theses are subject to publication by the Harvard Studies in Classical Psychology. Men on the committee are: Professor C. B. Gulick '21, Dean G. H. Chase '96, and Professor C. R. Post '04.

Tomorrow also marks the closing date for applications for the Cheever, Greene, and Haven medical scholarships for 1932-33.

Social Science Fellowship

An opportunity for a year's independent research in any branch of the broad field of social science is offered by the Social Science Research Council's research fellowship in Social Science, candidates for which must apply before tomorrow.

Citizens of the United States or Canada under 35 years of age with a Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience are eligible but these restrictions may be waived by the committee in special cases. The award is made annually and requires the full time of the Fellow for twelve months. The stipend is $1,800 for an unmarried Fellow and $2,500 for a married Fellow with a further personal travel allowance and support allowance for the Fellow's dependents at the discretion of the committee.