BASKETBALL TEAM LOOKS FORWARD TO A STIFF SCHEDULE

Hageman, Huppuch, Pattison, Rauh Were Members of Last Year's Squad-Demonstration Game Friday

A total number of 35 men are at present working out on the basketball courts in the New Athletic Building under the watchful eyes of head coach E. A. Wachter, with the large number of aspirants being put through daily drills in preparation for the fairly stiff season that lies ahead.

Harvard this winter will send its basketball quintet on the courts for games with Columbia, Intercollegiate Champions for the last two years, with Providence College, defeated only twice in its past two seasons, and with Dartmouth. The Big Green team has twice placed second in the Intercollegiate League. Other games on the schedule, in addition to Yale, are Pittsburgh and Navy. A game with Escuela Mascarones of Guatemala, intercollegiate and national champions of Mexico, may be staged in January.

Among the veterans at work are: Captain G. H. Pattison '32, W. A. Huppuch '33, Joseph Rauh '32, and C. H. Hageman '33. From the last year's Freshman quintet come: F. F. Cary '34, J. F. Ferriter '34, B. W. Huntington '34, J. R. Levan '34, E. W. Merry '34, and C. J. Nevin '34. The 1934 team last year had one of the most disastrous seasons of any Freshman team in recent years, but it is hoped that the second year will mould the 1934 basketball players into more powerful shape. Of this year's basketball group, three men, J. B. Appelbaum '32, Huppuch, and Rauh, are all members of Phi Beta Kappa.

No regular lineup has been drawn up as yet by Coach Wachter, but the following men stand ready to fill places on the first University five: guards: Hageman, Huppuch, S. C. Dorman '33, and '11. G. Reisner '33; centers: Rauh, and King Upton, '33; forwards: Appelbaum, Pattison, H. K. Wells '34, W. S. Baskervill '32, and A. J. Matursovitch '33.

This Friday evening at 8 o'clock the annual demonstration basketball game will be put on in the New Athletic Building by the Eastern Massachusetts Board of Approved Basketball Rules Officials. While primarily for coaches and referees, who are enabled to see the application of basketball rules demonstrated in actual conditions, the affair will be open to all