CHRISTMAS CAROL CONCERT TO TAKE PLACE NEXT WEEK

Collections for the Cambridge Visiting Nurse to be Taken--Concerts are on December 16 and 17

On Wednesday and Thursday evenings, December 16 and 17, Sanders Theatre will be the scene of the annual concert of Christmas carols that is given annually by the University choir with the members of the Radcliffe Choral Society for the benefit of the Cambridge Visiting Nurses Association. The program this year, to be given at 8.15 o'clock on the evenings stated, is being arranged by Dr. A. T. Davison '06, director of the University choir, and by G. W. Woodworth '23, assistant choirmaster of the Harvard group and full director of the Radcliffe aggregation.

The carols to be given this year included three songs that were on last year's program, "The Holly and the Ivy", a traditional Gloucestershire carol, "Fum, Fum, Fum", a jolly Christmas march from the Catalonian province, and the "Christmas Carol of the Pifferarl", a Neapolitan air. Of the carols that have not been done recently are "Glory to God in the Highest", by Pergolisi, "The Five Lesser Joys of Mary", by Warlock, "Upon Mr Lap My Sovereign Sits", by Person, "Christmas Bells", by Osgood, and "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence", by Gustav Holst.

The first evening on which the carols will be presented is intended primarily for members of the University and their friends, while the carols on the second evening will be open to the public. In addition to collections for the Nurses Association, gifts of toys, new or old, will be gladly accepted for distribution to needy children.