NAVY OFFERS AVIATION TRAINING TO GRADUATES

FIRST CLASS WILL ASSEMBLE ON JUNE 15

To college graduates interested in Aviation the U. S. Marine Corps is offering an opportunity for approximately a two year's Aviation Course with the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve. American citizens between 20 and 27 years of age, who have obtained a college degree and who can pass the flight physical examination as given by a Naval Flight Surgeon, are eligible.

During the coming Summer there will be three preliminary elimination aviation training classes at Squantum at thirty day intervals, the first of these starting about June 15, 1931.

Students successfully completing this course are ordered immediately to the Naval Air Station. Pensacola, Florida, where they are given the full nine to ten month advanced aviation course with the Regular service. This course includes training in all service type planes, and in both land and sea planes. Candidates who complete this course are designated Naval Aviators, given their "wings", commissioned Second Lieutenants in the Marine Corps Reserve, and ordered to one year's active duty with the Regular Marine Corps at Quantico, Va., or San Diego, Cal.

During the first phase of training, while the candidate is a student, he is furnished with food, uniforms, and quarters, and paid approximately $54.00 per month, in addition. During the year's active duty as a commissioned officer his pay and allowances amount to approximately $245.00 per month.

Prospective candidates who are interested in this training should write to Lieutenant E. G. Taylor, Marine Corps Reserve Aviation Unit, Squantum, Mass., or phone Granite 3270 for further information, and for an appointment for a personal interview at Squantum.