Capacity Crowd Will See Harvard and Yale Hockey Opener Tonight

Harvard, Series Choice, is Also Picked to Win First Game--Both Lineups Unchanged

When the Harvard and Yale hockey teams meet tonight in the first game of their annual hockey series the two best college sextets in North America will be opposing each other in what is certain to be the best amateur hockey match of the season. A capacity crowd is already guaranteed for the tilt, which will be played at the Boston Garden. The face-off is scheduled for 8.30 o'clock.

For the first time in three years Harvard will be the pre-series favorite and also the choice to win the first game. The Crimson has been accorded the favored place because of its convincing victories over the Canadian college teams. On season records the sextets are approximately evenly matched. Harvard has won 12 out of 13 games while the Blue has lost once and been tied once in fifteen starts. The Elis' strongest claim to supremacy is their 3 to 1 victory over the New Haven club of the Can-Am league on last Wednesday night.

Both coaches, Joseph Stubbs '20 and Holcombe York, who is completing his first year as mentor at Yale, will stand pat on their lineups. The game will be played under the American intercollegiate rules. If the teams are tied at the end of the regulation time no more than two overtime periods will be played to break the deadlock. If no score is made in this extra twenty minutes the game will remain a tie.