CRIMSON SWORDSMEN WIN THREE A.F.L.A. EVENTS

WALKER AND ALLEN TAKE TWO THIRD PLACES

In the epee and saber competition of the annual Amateur Fencers League of America prize tournament, which took place last night in the gymnasium of the Boston Athletic Association, at Exeter Street, Boston, three out of the seven Harvard entrants placed in the final bouts, while K. R. Ludlam '33 and R. B. Lawson '32 secured the first prize, respectively, in the two events.

The tournament, which had the same form as that of the foils last Wednesday, consisting of a quarter-final, a semi-final, and a final bout, attracted outstanding Boston fencers, and last year's captain of the Bowdoin team, in addition to the Harvard entrants. In the epee contest, F. C. Fiechter, Jr. '32, and Ludlam, placed for the semi-finals competition, while H. C. Cassidy '31, Gilbert Kerlin '33, J. J. Mackin '32, T. I. Moran '31, and G. M. Yatsevich '33, were eliminated.

The semi-final bouts resulted in the elimination of Fiechter, while Ludlam touched Altemberg, the Bowdoin veterian, for the gold medal awarded to the victor of the final match. In the saber competition J. J. Mackin '32 was eliminated in the first round, while Ludlam dropped out in the semi-final bout. The two remaining Harvard swordsmen fought out the finals, Lawson succeeding in securing the first place, while the third fell to H. B. Walker '33.

The results of the annual tournament reveal six Harvard fencers as the winners in their respective weapons. The foils awards fell to H. B. Wesselman '31, H. C. Cassidy '31, and J. D. Allen, Jr. '32, in that order. With the first prizes in the epee and saber given to Ludiam and Lawson, the Harvard team has scored an unparalleled triumph.