THIRTY-FIVE TURN OUT FOR FRESHMAN TENNIS

Hill and Cowles Talk at First Meeting for 1934--Practice Indoors Until Courts are Ready

Over 35 men, the largest crowd of candidates to come out in recent years, according to Coach Harry Cowles, attended yesterday's Freshman tennis team meeting.

Captain M. P. Hill '31, of the University team told the Freshmen that they have an unusually difficult schedule with which to maintain an undefeated record for three years. Coach Cowles followed with a word on the indoor practice, which will continue until practically the beginning of May. When the outdoor courts are finally ready to play on, a tournament will be held to choose the team. The point was emphasized that only experienced players are wanted now because of the lack of space.

The indoor courts on the basketball floor in the New Gymnasium will be reserved every afternoon of the week for team candidates, but courts may be signed for in the morning at Harry Cowles' shop, although again candidates for the teams get preference.

Most of the men who turned out were preparatory school players. S. E. Davenport '34, National Junior Doubles champion, was one of the many good players who appear to be good material for another undefeated team.