THE GRADUATE SCHOOLS

Berger and Hansen Enter Competition for Fellowship to Rome

Winners of the Harvard Advertising Awards for 1930 will be announced at a dinner tonight at the Faculty Club of the Business School. The prizes, which total $10,000, were founded in 1923 by the late Edward W. Bok to encourage merit and stimulate improvement in advertising.

Presentation of awards will be made by M. T. Copeland '07, professor of Marketing and chairman of the jury judging the contestants. The speakers at the dinner tonight will be Bruce Barton, well known writer and advertising man, who will talk on "Working with Words," and G. L. Sumner, president of the G. L. Sumner Company, whose subject will be "The Problem of Relating Advertising to Merchandising," In addition there will be a short address by Bernard Lichtenburg, vice president of the Alexander Hamilton Institute.

The gold medal was awarded to Cyrus H. K. Curtis, of the Curtis Advertising Company and the Curtis Martin newspapers. Mr. Curtis won the award because of strict adherence to the requirement which he initiated, of high standards of reliability in advertising