PLANS FOR H-Y-P 1934 DEBATES MADE PUBLIC

Triangular Contest Will be Held on May 16--Each University Prepares Two Teams

Plans for the annual Freshman Harvard-Yale-Princeton debate and for a debate with McGill University freshmen were announced yesterday by A.E. Phillips '34, president of the Freshman Debating Council.

In the triangular debate, which will be on Saturday, May 16, each university will have two teams, one of which will remain at home and the other will go to one of the other schools. Princeton will send their debaters here. While one of the Freshman teams will journey to Yale. This leaves Yale to speak at Princeton. The subject of the debate has not been chosen as yet. It will be either "Resolved, That the United States should enter the League of Nations" or "Resolved, That a college education is worth while". Each first year debating group will take both sides of the question, one side being taken by the home team and the other by the travelling team.

On Saturday, April 25 the Freshman team will make the trip to Toronto to debate with the first year men of McGill University. This will be the first time any Harvard debating team has ever opposed this Canadian university. The question for debate will be "Resolved, That the United States should enter the League of Nations."