150-POUND EIGHTS WILL RACE IN TRIALS TODAY

BROWN SATISFIED WITH JUNIOR CLASS SHOWING

Three 150-pound eights are scheduled to go through their second time trial of the season today over a mile course. The boats, which are approximately equal in strength, have been found to lead the fleet of seven light-weight boats in smoothness and in power. The race will start at 2 o'clock, and will probably continue upstream from above the railroad bridge to the Weekes Memorial Bridge, a distance of a little over a mile.

Yesterday afternoon the two Junior Class eights raced over a three-quarter-mile stretch in the Charles River Basin. This is the first time this spring that the two crews have rowed at a high stroke for any length of time. The crew stroked by T.E. Covel '32, by a distance of a little over two lengths. Although the time was not taken, Class Coach Ed Brown '96 seemed satisfied by the showing of the two boats.

Since the beginning of spring practice, the 150-pound crew has shown itself to be more popular than ever before, with fifteen boats putting off regularly every afternoon from Newell and Weld boathouses. With the first race on the University schedule slated for the Spring Vacation against the Kent School crew over the Henley distance, Fred Sullivan '27 is rapidly whipping a first crew into shape. Assuming that the course on the Connecticut is generally covered in 6 1-2 minutes he is planning to restrict the pre-vacation time trials to that time on the slower current of the Charles. It is supposed that a few changes will be made in the boatings as they exist at present, before a first crew is definitely picked. These changes will doubtless in a large measure depend upon the showings tomorrow.