BEWARE THE FOUL FIEND

The only people in the world who are more insistent than body-building enthusiasts are calendar reformers. A high-school course in plane geometry has imbued them with a passion for neat mathematical balance and their sensitive souls are seared by the irregularity of Gregorian months. Unfortunately, spring has its animating influence on the just and on the unjust, and the Fixed Calendar League has emerged from its hibernation to plague honest men.

Aside from the fact that the present calendar provides a delightful variety in life, there are amazing facts about the Fixed Calendar League's program which put it completely out of competition. It might be added that these same facts ought to put the Fixed Calendar Leaguers in jail. They have proposed a year of thirteen twenty-eight day months each beginning on a Sunday.

Elementary arithmetic shows that the thirteenth of every month will be a Friday. And with thirteen months ... Considering the effect which the mere proposal has had in Nicaragua, the public will certainly be justified in insisting on the immediate execution of any person who continues with agitation for the new calendar.