OVER 100 REPORT FOR SPRING TRACK PRACTICE

TEAM WILL JOIN YALE IN TRIP TO EUROPE

Harvard's spring track season opened officially yesterday when more than 100 veterans and aspirants for the University and Freshman teams assembled in the old cage. The gathering was addressed by Coaches Farrell, Mikkola, and Haggerty; Captain Vernon Munroe '31, and Manager Henry Chalfant '31. Initial workouts followed on the Freshman oval.

The Crimson track men will leave late in June for England, where they will combine with Yale in a meet with Oxford and Cambridge on July 18. Because of this trip the teams will not go south this vacation; Coach Farrell stressed the importance of the ten days of practice during the recess. He plans to enter one-, two-, and four-mile teams in the Penn Relays on April 24 and 25, with individual entrants in the medley races and the field events if form shown during the vacation practices warrants this.

Farrell expressed the hope that there would be Freshman representatives on the team to invade England, which will be picked in six weeks. The squad, he said, should turn in a good performance if the injury list can be kept down.

The schedule is as follows: April 24 and 25, Penn Relays; May 1, Greater Boston Intercollegiates: May 8, University Handicap meet; (May 9, Inter-scholastics); May 16, Dartmouth; May 16, Freshman at Exeter; May 23, Yale at New Haven; May 29 and 30, I. C. 4A meet.