CRIMSON DEBATING TEAM WINS FROM PRINCETON

Second of Triangular Series Won by 2 to 1 Decision--Harvard Upholds Crime Prevention

Upholding the affirmative side of the question "Resolved, That the federal government should take immediate, drastic measures to curb municipal crime", the Harvard debating team won from Princeton by a 2 to 1 decision Saturday night. The debate is the second of the series of the triangular debate between Harvard, Princeton and Yale, Yale having won the first from Harvard on Friday night, in New Haven, where the same question was argued.

The Crimson team attempted to prove that police hired by local authorities were bound to be prejudiced towards or against certain members of the community they were supposed to protect, as the police know them personally. But, the Harvard team pointed out, if the federal authorities were in charge of the local police power. If would deal fairly with all.

Harvard was represented by P. H. Coben '32, and J.H. Ruskin '33, while H.F. Leary Jr. and W. J. Montgomery argued for Princeton. Coben and Leary were in charge of the rebuttals.