"Drippings From a Witch's Quill" to Appear in Book Form Next Week--Dedicated to Nephew of the Last of the White Witches

A handsomely bound volume containing the verses and pencil sketches of various Harvard professors which have appeared from time to time in the Lampoon under the title of "Drippings from a Witch's Quill" will be on sale next week at Harvard Square bookstores and at the Lampoon Building, it was announced last night. The collection, edited by T. G. Upton '31, C. E. Pickhardt '31, and Paul Brooks '31, is now in the hands of the printers, who are hastening its issual in time for the return of graduates to the annual commencement exercises.

The volume, bound in red and containing a dedication and preface done in the best Lampoon tradition, is blessed with a double title, "Mondays at 9" or "Pedagogues on Parade." The sketches of the aforementioned pedagogues, which have become familiarized to thousands of Lampoon readers in their appearance on the center spread pages of the humorous magazine, are the work of Pickhardt. In most cases they portray the salient topographical outlines of the professors subjected to treatment, as well as one or two prominent professorial characteristics inherent in the poseur.

Brooks and Upton are the authors of the verses accompanying the pictures. Written in loosely romantic iambic couplets, with not a little keenness of epigrammatic twist to the tail, the verses stand in satirical, if not salacious wit, with the slim volume of sonnets issued last year by a New Haven bookseller.

The book, as might be expected, is dedicated to Bob Lampoon, the only living nephew of Sarah Lampoon, last of the white witches and inspiration of the work. An appropriate frontispiece depicting Sarah herself in her necromantic glory is contained in the work, also a well selected passage from the witches' incantation in "Macbeth."

Numerous slight touches of decorative artistry and editing make the volume unique. It is far above the ordinary amateur edition standard. The price will be $1.50.