Class of 1935, 296th to Enter, Takes Possession of Yard Today

President Lowell to Speak After Supper at Union--Confer With Advisers Tomorrow

For the first time in Harvard history, a Freshman class, the 296th in the annals of the College, takes possession of the Yard. Twelve dormitories, including the newly completed Wigglesworth group along Massachusetts Avenue, will house the class, and the Union will be the center of Freshman life, providing the new students with common rooms, dining halls, and a separate library.

Registration will take place in Memorial Hall this morning between 10 o'clock and 5 o'clock in the afternoon. In the neighborhood of 1000 members of this class are expected to register. In recent years the entering classes and those men provisionally classified as Freshmen have been limited to 1000.

Supper at Union

At 6.30 o'clock this evening a buffet supper will be served for the new students in the Harvard Union, and following the supper an informal meeting of new students will be held in the Living Room of the Union. President Lowell, Dr. Roger I. Lee '02, Fellow of Harvard College, and Professor A. C. Hanford, Dean of Harvard College, will speak. Delmar Leighton '17, Dean of Freshmen will preside.

The remainder of the program of preliminary meetings for Freshmen and other new students for tomorrow, Sunday and Monday is extensive. In recent years Harvard has devoted several days before the registration of the upperclassmen to the education of incoming Freshmen in the ways of the University.

Week-end Program

Tomorrow morning, at 9 o'clock, the Freshman class and other new students will assemble in the New Lecture Hall to hear brief talks by W. B. Briggs, assistant librarian of the Harvard College Library, E. A. Whitney '17, associate professor of History and Literature, and Master of Kirkland House, and Delmar Leighton '17, Dean of Freshmen.

Conferences with faculty advisers and language examinations will consume the rest of the day. At 8 o'clock an informal meeting of new students will be held in the large dining hall of the Union. W. J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, B. H. Ticknor II, '31, assistant football coach, and W. B. Wood, Jr. '32, captain of the football team, will speak on "Athletics and Physical Training at Harvard." Moving pictures of athletics will be shown. Assistant Dean Henry Chauncey will preside.

P. B. H. Reception

On Sunday morning, at 11 o'clock, the Reverend William Learoyd Sperry, Dean of the Theological School, will preach at a special service for new students in Sanders Theatre.

At 7.30 o'clock on Monday evening, the Phillips Brooks House will hold its reception to new students. The leaders of various undergraduate extra-curricular activities, including the presidents of the CRIMSON, Lampoon, and Advocate; Glee Club, Instrumental Clubs, and Phillips Brooks House Association will speak. There will be music and refreshments.