CAFETERIA IN ELIOT WILL OPEN ON MONDAY

TO RESEMBLE THAT NOW IN USE AT BUSINESS SCHOOL

A cafeteria for the use of students living in the Houses who desire to eat during the night hours, will be opened for service on Monday. This addition to the University dining halls, which has been in progress of construction and furnishing for the last two weeks, will be at the disposal of hungry students from 8 o'clock until midnight every night in the basement of Eliot House.

Although the cafeteria is open to members of all seven Houses, the five most convenient dormitories, Eliot, Kirkland, Lowell, Winthrop, and Leverett will be especially welcome, as it is felt that students residing in Dunster House can make use of the Students Club cafeteria in the Business School, a restaurant similar in almost every respect to the new one in Eliot House, while Adams House men are located sufficiently close to the Massachusetts Avenue lunch rooms to make the latter the most convenient for them. Students will sign the customary dining hall slips for their purchases, which will be payable with the term bills. Students not residing in some House unit will not ordinarily be admitted.

Tables and chairs will be installed in preference to benches. These will be grouped around the six pillars in the middle of the floor, which support the bare ceiling, which in its turn suspends a number of large heating pipes.