ART SOCIETY CONTINUES SERIES OF EXHIBITIONS

SHOWING OF WORKS BY PICASSO TO OPEN TODAY

That the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art would be able to present at least three more exhibits was announced definitely last night. The Society, which has been faced with the danger of closing its doors for lack of funds, has in the past month been able to collect $933, more than half of which has been donated by students.

Pledges amounting to $417 were collected from students, while an additional $516 was given by interested persons outside the college. The guarantee of $700 by an anonymous donor brings the total of available funds to about $2,700.

A student advisory committee consisting of six undergraduates will be elected within the next week. This group will meet before each exhibit to criticize, and occasionally to arrange the pictures. The members will hold office until graduation, when they will appoint their successors.

An exhibition of the original drawings, the copper plates, and the etchings of Pablo Picasso for an edition of Ovid's Metamorphses will open today in the Contemporary Art Society's galleries in the Harvard Cooperative Society Building. The exhibition, which will continue through January 27, will consist of about thirty different works of the modern Spanish artist, which were recently shown at the Marie Harriman Galleries in New York.