CAPTAIN WYGANT TAKES COMMAND OF COLORADO

CAPTAIN ADOLPHUS WATSON TO SUCCEED WYGANT

Captain Benyaurd Bourne Wygant, U.S.N., professor of Naval Science and Tactics, has just been ordered by the Bureau of Navigation of the Navy Department to the Puget Sound Navy Yard in Bremerton, Washington, to assume command of the U. S. S. Colorado, which is undergoing a general overhauling. Further orders from the Bureau of Navigation reveal that Captain Adolphus Watson, U.S.N., will relieve Captain Wygant of his duties with the Harvard Naval R. O. T. C. Unit.

Until Captain Watson's arrival about the middle of this month, Commander R. C. Williams, U. S. N., the executive officer of the Unit, will be in charge of the course. Captain Watson comes here from the Pacific Coast where he was Chief-of-Staff of one of the divisions of the Battle Fleet. He has just been selected for promotion to Rear-Admiral, but will remain on duty here before attaining his admiralcy. During the war he was on active service overseas under Admiral W. S. Sims.

Captain Wygant goes to sea after being in charge of the Naval Science Department for three years during which he has done much to raise the standard and efficiency of the course. His new command, the U. S. S. Colorado, now having regular inspection and repairs is one of the newest and best equipped ships in the Navy, as it is one of the three American battleships armed with 16 inch guns. Captain Wygant has an excellent record, has served under Admiral Sims throughout the war during which he was in command of the two destroyers, and engaged in convey duty. He will relieve Captain Alfred Johnson, U. S. N., in command of the U. S. S. Colorado as Captain Johnson has been selected for promotion to Rear Admiral and will have duty elsewhere.