BARNSWALLOWS RETAIN FOURTEEN IN TRYOUTS

FINAL SELECTION TO TAKE PLACE ON OCTOBER 27

Fourteen men, out of 68 who tried out for the male parts, were retained in the cast selections held today at the Rogers Building for the Barnswallows', the Wellesley Dramatic group's fall production. Seven of these men are members of the Harvard Dramatic Club, while an equal number are newcomers to Harvard dramatics.

The final selection for the seven available male parts will be held at Alumnae Hall, Wellesley, on tomorrow evening, at 7 o'clock. Before this time, the men chosen must obtain copies of the play, Chekhov's "Cherry Orchard," and come prepared to recite their parts reasonably well.

Retain 14 Men

The Dramatic Club men, who were provisionally retained are: Robert Breckinridge '34, Vernon Hodges '34, H. G. Hutchinson '34, R. L. C. Rein'l '34, Henry Patterson '34, J. C. Cort '35, W. B. Sefton '33. The following non-Dramatic Club members were also temporarily accepted: Elmer Madson '36, J. F. Farrell '33, George Mercer '36, Edgar Peterson '35, J. F. Trosh '34, Eugene Augert '35, W. W. Birge '35.

Breckinridge may be remembered as "Hippolyte," in last year's production of "Napoleon Intrudes." Hodges and Sefton also took part in this play, the former as "Morris," and the latter as the polished "director." Cort, as well as appearing in "Charles and Mary," the club's fall production, in which Hutchinson also was cast, played the part of a young lieutenant in "The Man of Destiny," the Wellesley production of a year ago.

Six members of the Club were guests of the Barnswallows at their annual fall presentation plays, last Saturday.

For their spring production, the Dramatic Club will put on the best play submitted in a playwriting competition.