CRIPPLED VARSITY SCRIMMAGES WITH FRESHMAN ELEVEN

Excused From Practice But May Start On Saturday--Francisco, and Grady Still on Doubtful List

Varsity football players went through a long, hard scrimmage, lasting over an hour, yesterday with the Freshman team. Although Crickard was excused from practice it was announced that there was a strong possibility that he would be in the starting lineup on Saturday against Brown. Bennett is definitely out of the game, while Francisco and Grady were still on the doubtful list. Esterly, Wells, and Hardy are considered in good enough condition for Saturday.

Three touchdowns were made by the Varsity against the Freshmen in the course of the scrimmage. Two of these were made by Pescosolido, and the other by Locke.

Locke Makes Touchdown

The Varsity was at its best in the scoring of the second touchdown. A 65-yard march down the field was made with Locke, who finally crossed the line, after doing most of the running. Before the scrimmage, there was practice in tackling and blocking for the squad, and a drill against passes.

Francisco, Esterly, and Wells were on the field in street clothes, while Grady and Bennett were dressed but did not participate in the scrimmage. All the other men with the exception of Crickard took part in the practice.

The following Varsity men played in the scrimmage against the Freshmen; Nazro, Cassedy, Rogers, Barrows, Drinkwater, Healy, Hallowell, Casey, Casale, Gundlach, Crane, Schuman, Bancroft, Kidder, Hageman, Werner, Lowe, Bartol, Peter, Pescosolido, Locke, Sherman, Gleason, Nevin, Barret, Hurlbut, Waters, Dean.