BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL INAUGURATE SPECIAL SESSION

Shorter Period Will Permit School To Reduce Charges--Tuition To Remain Unchanged.

A special emergency session to start January 30, 1933, and continue to August 16, is being announced today by the Graduate School of Business Administration. This action was taken in view of the unemployment of a large number of young executives, who have lost their positions. W. S. Gifford '04, J. I. Straus '93, and George Whitney '07, in recommending the plan, pointed out that the school's facilities for constructive business training must be made available this winter as a substitute for the demoralizing effect of waiting for jobs.

Students who attend the session will have the same classroom instruction under the same faculty as the regular first year class. They will be entitled to full academic credit, thus enabling them to enter the second-year class next fall. Mid-year examinations will be eliminated and three week-end vacations of four days each will be substituted for the regular recesses of the academic year. The extra session is open to college graduates and to those who have had executive experience in business.

The shorter period covered by the extra session permits a reduction of about 25 per cent in room and board charges. Tuition remains unchanged, at $600, but room and board will amount to less than $400. This will make the total expenses for the session, including necessary text books, not over $1,000. Limited financial aid from the Loan Fund will be available to properly qualified students.

Although over 80 per cent of last June's graduating class are known to be employed, and only 10 per cent of the class have their names on the School's active list as seeking employment, many were only temporarily employed.