UNIVERSITY MUSEUM TO SHOW NEW GLASS PLANTS

Group Showing Twenty-Three Fruits Received--Group Will Be Placed in Separate Room.

A new shipment of glass flowers, the first to be received since 1929, will be added to the Ware collection in the University Museum, it was learned yesterday. The new addition, which arrived from Germany several weeks ago, contains 23 new models of fruits, illustrating particularly, various fungi growth.

The collection of glass flowers, one of the best-known possessions of the University, was begun in 1886, with the aid of a bequest from Mrs. Elizabeth C. Ware, of Boston, and Miss. Mary LeeWare, as a memorial to Dr. C. E. Ware 1834. It is the product of the skill of two Swiss naturalists, the late Leopoid Blaschka and his son Rudolph, who have constructed all the models without assistance of any kind. The collection is the only one of its kind in the world.

The exhibition now contains specimens illustrating more than 240 families of flowering plants, 540 genera, and 803 species. More than 3,200 analytical magnified details are included. The now species have been placed in a separate room, on the third floor of the University Museum.

The main part of the collection is housed on the second floor of the Museum, which also contains the Museum of the Department of Geology. This year the building is open to the public only on Saturday and Sunday.