DEMOCRATS OF HARVARD SPONSOR RALLY TODAY

WARTIME SECRETARY OF WAR NOW ON SPEAKING TOUR

Hon. Newton D. Baker, War Secretary under Wilson, will be the principal speaker at a meeting in New Lecture Hall this afternoon at 3.15 o'clock, under the auspices of the Harvard Democratic Club. Mr. Baker will be met at Langdell Hall by Felix Frankfurter, Byrne Professor of Administrative Law, Mayor Richard M. Russell '14, of Cambridge, H. E. Howe '34, and D. M. Sullivan '33. He will then go to New Lecture Hall to make is address, which will deal with the coming election.

Baker has lately entered the campaign to speak for the Democratic cause, in addition to his already active share in party politics. He delivered a eulogy of Woodrow Wilson in the Democratic convention of 1920. At present he is engaged as Chairman of the Unemployment Relief Mobilization Committee for the entire country. Two years ago he received an honorary degree of LI.D. from Harvard University for his achievements.

Russell to Speak

The meeting in New Lecture Hall will begin at 3.15 o'clock and is expected to end shortly after 4 o'clock. D. M. Sullivan '33, president of the Harvard Democratic Club, will preside. The first speaker will be Mayor Russell, who will talk on working at the polls in Cambridge on election day in an effort to encourage undergraduates to aid the Democratic party and at the same time become exposed to the practical workings of political work. Professor Frankfurter will speak next, introducing Mr. Baker.