AWARD FRENCH MEDAL TO ARCHITECT SCHOOL

Society of French Designers Gives Prize to Harvard Twice--Student Drawings Judged

Award of, the medal of the Societe des Architects Diplomes par le Government Francis has been made to the School of Architecture, it was announced at Robinson Hall yesterday. The medal was won by the School in 1929 also.

This medal is awarded to that school which, in a given year, has shown the best record of accomplishment in the teaching of architecture along the lines followed by the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris. The award is made not simply on the actual record of the men in competition in the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design in New York. The Harvard Schools does not enter these competitions regularly and usually sends drawings only two or three times a year. The award is made partly on the basis of drawings sent and partly on a careful investigation by a committee of the Beaux-Arts Institute of Design. It takes into consideration not only the actual designs of a given number of men, but the general record and standing of the School.