STUDENTS ASKED TO BUY CHRISTMAS SEALS TODAY

Tuberculosis Association Starts Drive In University--3000 Seals Bought Last Year

Members of the University will receive circulars enclosing health seals in the mail this morning. The annual sale of Christmas seals by the Cambridge Tuberculosis and Health Association begins today. The quota for this district is $10,000. Industrial firms and banks are cooperating i n spite of the difficult times, and the Association expects to raise the necessary amount to cover its expenses.

Harvard students have helped the Association more generously than any other educational institution in the city in adding to its funds for preventive work. Last year 3000 scales were bought by men in the University, while 6500 were bought in 1930. This year, owing partly to the unemployment situation which has affected health conditions, the Association is under a greater strain and must sell more seals.

The money acquired by the annual sale of these seals is a nation--wide project to promote welfare work for the prevention of tuberculosis, maintenance of a two--months camp for undernourished children, educational work for control of Cancer and Heart Disease, and to promote better health conditions in Cambridge.

The citizen committee consists of W. D. Swan, Jr., Chairman, Mrs. O. D. Kellogg, Mrs. Thorne Wheeler, Mrs. J. H. Townsend, Mrs. John Alden, F. H. Lovejoy, and Dwight Andrews.