DEMOCRATIC CLUB WILL HAVE CLERKS AT POLLS

Thirty Students To Help at Election In Cambridge--Will Act as Drivers And Checkers

More than thirty students in the University will work at the Cambridge polls on Tuesday in cooperation with Mayor Richard M. Russell '14 and the Cambridge Democratic City Committee as checkers, drivers of automobiles and clerks, it was announced by D. M. Sullivan '33, president of the Harvard Democratic Club, last night.

The Democratic workers from the University will report at 8 o'clock Tuesday morning at the Headquarters and will be assigned to posts at the 53 Cambridge precincts. They are offering their services to the Democratic City Committee gratis; the Democrats in Cambridge are depending entirely upon volunteer work at the polls this year.

The checkers at the polls will check off on the voting list the names of the voters as they enter the voting booths. Toward the end of the day, the checkers will give lists of Democrats who have not voted to the drivers of automobiles and to persons at telephones, and a concerted effort will be made to bring them to the polls before the closing hour, which will be at 8 o'clock in Cambridge.