UNIMPROVED TEAM HAS WORKOUT WITH FOUR PROMOTIONS

Rainy Day Again Forces Squad Work-Out in Cage.--Dean and Hallowell Have Light Exercise; Others Injured

Held in the cage by another day of drizzling rain, the football team spent most of yesterday afternoon scrimmaging with the Seconds and working on pass defense and offense. At 4 o'clock the squad went on the field and ran signals for the 40 minutes.

No improvement in the physical condition of the squad was apparent yesterday. Of the men on the injured list since the Army game, only Dean and Hallowell were on the field doing light work, while Crickard, Lockwood, Nevin, Whitney, Casey, and Crane are all on the sick list. Whether any of these men will take the field against Holy Cross on Saturday is still problematical, and at least two. Nevin and Hallowell, are definitely out.

Waters worked out with team A yesterday, replacing Gleason at right halfback, while Gleason and Sherman took the places of Waters and Grady on team B. The first team, as it was made up yesterday, includes four men who have never started a game: Waters and Barrett in the backfield, Healey at left guard, and Casale at center.

Following a short line and end drill, in the cage, Coach Casey stressed work on passes, both offensively and defensively. In a scrimmage which lasted until the team went outside for signal drill, the Seconds put on their own plays and then those of the Crusaders.

Although the spirit of the squad was good yesterday, there is little prospect that the team will recover from its injuries soon enough to be in proper condition for the Holy Cross encounter.

The lineups:

Team A--Nazro, l.e.; Hardy, l.t.; Healey, l.g.; Casale, c.; Gundlach, r.g.; Bancroft, r.t.; Hageman, r.e.; Wells, q.; Waters, r.h.b.; Locke, l.h.b.; Barrett, f.b.

Team B--Wolcott, l.e.; Rogers, l.t.; Easterly, l.g. Littlefield, c.; Schumann, r.g.; Francisco, r.t.; Bartol, r.e.; Peter, q.; Gleason, r.h.b.; Sherman, l.h.b.; Hurlbut, f.b.