FILM FOUNDATION MAY CONSOLIDATE WITH UNIVERSITY

Foundation Has Prepared Films For Use in University Courses--Museum Seat of Activities

At the next meeting of the Corporation, definite action will be taken upon the matter of consolidating the University Film Foundation with the University, it was learned yesterday from reliable sources. Although the Foundation and the University have been cooperating for five years, no official connection has ever existed between the two institutions.

J. H. Haeseler '23, director of the Foundation, denied knowledge of the University's decision when interviewed last night, but said that the question of the University's taking over the Foundation had been hanging fire for nine months, and that he had expected it to be settled one way or the other within the next month or so. No statement in regard to the matter was forthcoming from University Hall at a late hour last night.

The Film Foundation has, practically since its beginning, loaned its films for use in University courses in return for the privilege of making pictures and conducting research in photography in the laboratories of the University. Last year, the Foundation became particularly active in the fields of biology, zoology, anthropology and education. Under the direction of Mr. Haeseler and Jeffries Wyman, Jr. '23, assistant professor of Zoology, the use of films to accompany lectures was extensively applied to the second half of Biology A. The Foundation has recently completed the production of a new set of films dealing solely with Botany.

The headquarters of the Foundation are now located next to the Peabody Museum, and in the event that the consolidation is put through, there is no prospect that its location will be changed. The most important aspect of a decision on the part of the University to take over the Foundation would be an increase in the amount of funds available for the production of films and for original research in photography for educational purposes.