Award Honorary Scholarships To 109 Students in First Groups of Rank List

John Harvard, Abbott Lawrence, And Harvard College Awards Made

Award of 105 honorary scholarships to undergraduates was announced yesterday by the Committee on Scholarships. Twelve of the awards were John Harvard Scholarships, which are made without stipend to students in the highest group of the College rank list who have not made application for other types of scholarships; and 93 are Harvard College Scholarships, similarly assigned to students in the second group.

At the same time, it was announced that four students in the Engineering School had obtained Abbott Lawrence Scholarships.

John Harvard Scholarships

Ralph P. Boas, Jr. '33 of Norton, Morton C. Bradley, Jr. '33 of Arlington, John C. Campbell '33 of Bronxville, New York, Charles E. Carr '35 of Malden, Anderson C. Dearing, Jr. '34 of Washington, D.C., George F. Emerson '33 of South Weymouth, Albert C. England, Jr. '33 of Pittsfield, Edward S. Godfrey, 3d '34 of Albany, New York, Herbert M. Katzin '34 of Newark, New Jersey, William W. Kirkpatrick '34 of Chappaqua, New York, Harlan M. Levin '33 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Edgar L. Smith, Jr. '34 of Upper Montclair, New Jersey.

Abbott Lawrence Scholarships

Willard C. Jones 3E.S. of West Roxbury, John L. Misho 4E.S. of Roxbury, Ira L. Oppenheimer 3E.S. of New York, New York, Myrles A. Walsh 4E.S. of Oradell, New Jersey.

Harvard College Scholarships

Edward G. Acomb '35 of Wankegan, Illinois, Walter S. Anderson, Jr. '33 of San Pedro, California, Robert R. Baker '35 of Dedham, Eliot L. Bernstein '34 of Chelsea, Carl L. Billman '35 of Winchester, William P. Blane '34 of Jackson Heights, New York, Richard A. Bloomfield '33 of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Edwin I, Bratnard '35 of Arlington, Donald W. Brown, Jr. '34 of New York City, John L. Burling '34 of Washington, D. C., Francis H. Bury '35 of Needham. Robert M. Campbell '34 of Watertown, Charles R. Cherington '35 of New York City, Warren L. Claff '33 of Randolph. Richard N. Clattenburg '35 of Bala-Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. Robert V. Cleary '35 of Belmont. John P. Coolidge '35 of Cambridge, John Cornell '35 of Buffalo. New York, Henry MacM. Datt '34 of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ralph Emerson '33 of New York City, Jonathan S. England '35 of Pittsfield, Richard L. Eveleigh '34 of Bridgeport. Connecticut, Ernest Fasano '35 of Long Branch, New Jersey, Sydney S. Gellis '34 of Claremont, New Hampshire, Allan G. Goldenberg '34 of Minneapolis, Minneasota, Charles F. Hass '35 of Chicago, Illinois, Ernest H. Haies '33 of Bronxville, New York, Holes C. Hart, Jr. '35 of Mystic, Connecticut, Edward Y. Hartshorne, Jr. '33 of Haverford, Pennsylvania, Harry M. Hoffheimer '34 of Cincinnati, Ohio, Richard D. Holder '34 of Memphis, Tennessee, Edward P. Hollis '33 of Swampscott, John B. Howard '33 of Edgewood, Pennsylvania, John N. M. Howells '34 of Kittery Point, Maine, Robert P. Heller '35 of Brooklyn, New York.

Richard Inglis, Jr. '33 of South Euclid, Ohio, Julius Kaplan '34 of Dorchester, Leonard Kaplan '33 of Jamaica Plain, Alfred Kidder, 2d '33 of Andover, John C. Kingston '35 of Casablanca, Chile, S.A., Leonard Klein '34 of Chicago, Illinois, Saul Krafchinsky '34 of Roxbury, Paul F. Lawler '35 of Dorchester, Sears. Lehmann, Jr. '35 of St. Louis, Missouri, David H. Levin '34 of New York City, Harry T. Levin '33 of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Caslon Lewis '33 of Brookline, Willard D. Lewis '35 of Augusta, Georgia, James M. Lichliter '33 of Columbus, Ohio, Robert C. Liddon, Jr. '33 of Corinth, Mississippi, Tom Lilley '34 of Bluefield, West Virginia, Robert B. Lisle '33 of Troy, New York, Albert B. Lord '34 of Allston, Hugh K. McElheny '33 of New York City, David L. Marks '33 of Brooklyn, New York, Morton A. Mergentheim, Jr. '33 of Winnetka, Illinois, Albert Merriman Jr. '33 of Gallipolis, Ohio, Eugene W. Merry '34 of New York City, Leon Merz, Jr. '34 of Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, Rowland L. Mindlin '33 of New York City, John U. Monro '34 of Andover. Lambert Murphy '35 of Upper Montelsin. New Jersey.

Jacob Neber '34 of Roxbury, Edward Neis, Jr. '33 of Detroit, Michigan, Dexter Newton '35 of Westboro, Herbert Y. Olds '34 of Lynn, Irving L. Pavlo of Malden, William G. Perry, Jr. '35 of Brookline, Arthur S. Pier, Jr. '35 of Concord New Hampshire, Albert Pratt '33 of Roxbury. John, B. Rackliffe '34 of Newton Jacob E. Rubinow '33 of South Manchester, Connecticut, Alan C. Russell '35 of Brooklyn, New York, George C. St. John, Jr. '33 of Wallingford, Connecticut, Richard S. Salant '35 of New York City, Walter S. Salani '33 of New York City, Robert D. Sand '35 of New York City, Herbert P. Schoen '35 of Glerr Falls, New York, Frederick C. Schuldt Jr. '33 of St. Paul, Minnesota, Carl Seeman, Jr. '35 of New York City, Harry Shershevsky '35 of Dorchester, Abraham S. Silin '33 of Erie, Pennsylvania William S. Sims, Jr. '33 of Boston, Stephen Smith '34 of Port Chester, New York Gordon C. Streeter '34 of Stonington, Connecticut, James P. Waite, Jr. '35, of New York City, Richard J. Walsh, Jr. '34 of Pelham, New York, Arthur W. Well, Jr. '33 of Cedarhurst, New York David M. Well '33 of Chicago, Illinois, David Weld '34 of New York City, John U. White '34 of Bedford Hills, New York, Richard E. Wolf '35 of Bedford Bills, New York Richard E. Wolf '35 of Elgins Park Pennsylvania, John D. Woodberry '34 of Beverly.