DEBATERS MAKE PLANS FOR COMING SCHEDULE

Team May Debate Canadian Colleges in Spring--Sullivan Scouts Prospects of Trip to England

Tentative plans for the University debating team have been drawn up for the winter and spring it was announced yesterday. Although the definite dates have been set the club has debates arranged with Boston College. Princeton and Yale. In addition to these scheduled contests plans are being made for a trip sometime in the spring when the team will travel to meet some of the other. New England colleges and possibly go into Canada to take on one or two institutions across the border.

The radio debates which were so successful with Oxford and Stanford last year are to be continued this winter although the opponent has yet been selected.

P. M. Sullivan '38 president of the Council announced last night that no further arrangements for the debates which the Bank of England Debating Society and the University of Mexico requested late this fall had been made although he added that there was little probability that the University would allow a trip to England if the British society desired. The University of Mexico, however, offered to come to this country for a contest and Sullivan felt that a match with them might be possible.