MANY TOPICS DISCUSSED IN GRADUATES' MAGAZINE

ARTICLES BY GALLISHAW, ELIOT, MINER FEATURED

In the December issue of the Harvard Graduates Magazine, which will appear tomorrow, there are a number of articles of interest to Harvard men, chief among which is a paper "Two Ideas of a University: Cambridge Values and Harvard System." This was prepared by D. D. Lloyd '31 who was a Henry Scholar from Harvard at Cambridge University last year. The study is a comparison between the two Universities in their social and educational aims and methods.

The leading article is an essay by T. S. Elliot '10,; and was used as his second lecture under the Charles Eliot Norton chair of Poetry at Harvard. It is entitled "Apology for the Countess of Pembroke."

John Gallishaw '16, who recently lectured in Cambridge and is known for his book on the war, "Trenching in Gallipoli," has contributed an article, "Recollections of a Hypocritical Dean." Gallishaw was an assistant dean at Harvard after the war.

In connection with the President's Annual Report, L. S. Miner, dean of the Dental School, has written an article in which he discusses the needs of the school, the rise of dentistry to its remarkable position, and its present crucial importance in preventive medicine.

Through the column "The Graduates' Window," which was conducted last year by Bernard DeVote '20, E. A. Weeks. Jr. '22, presents the position of Collegiate football as revealed by the results of the last season and depression conditions.