SEVENTY-FIVE TURN OUT FOR 1936 BASKETBALL

Coach Bond Says Prospects Bright For Coming Season--Most of Material Played on School Teams

Although still unable to determine definitely the calibre of his material, Coach R.H. Bond '19 has strong hopes that the 1936 basketball team will equal the strong squad of last season.

About 75 men turned out for the opening meeting last month, and practice started immediately at the Hemenway Gymnasium. Two weeks ago Bond picked out 25 men and started workouts in the New Athletic Building. Of these he plans to retain 20 men, from whom he will form his team. While none of the men have shown any outstanding prowess to date, Bond is confident that this wealth of material will produce a strong team.

As usual most of the men now practicing were players on their school teams so they are not without a good deal of experience, and Bond feels that he has little to worry about in regard to their individual ability. The real test will come in the game with Wentworth on Tuesday when he brings his first year men on the floor for the first time. After this game it will be easier to form some opinion as to the strength of the squad.