INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS AT ANDOVER ON SATURDAY

CLUB WILL MAKE NO CHRISTMAS TRIP THIS YEAR

The third concert of the fall season for the Instrumental Clubs will take place at 8 o'clock on Saturday in the meeting room of George Washington Hall at Phillips Andover Academy. The Club will make no Christmas trip this year, but is planning a series of concerts in Bermuda during the spring vacation.

The enlarged membership of the club this year has enabled them to make several changes in the programs which will give them a more varied character. The Gold Coast Orchestra will become less of the "dance band" on the stage and will play several arrangements in a symphonic vein. Their selections will include two medleys, one of Victory Herbert and the other of Jerome Kern from the "Show Boat." Their other numbers will include "The Black and Tan Fantasy," "Mood Indigo," and "Sweet Sue." Under the leadership of J. L. Hutter '33 the club has become a more integrated unit and is playing in a professional manner.

Malcolm Holmes 2G will play several selections on the violin and the remainder of the program will be filled with numbers by the Vocal, Banjo and Mandolin Clubs. Although no final decision has been made yet as to what the selections are that the Mandolin Club will play, it is understood that their program will include the waitz "Destinie", "Jalousie", and the "Polish Dance." The Banjo Club will render "The Twelfth Street Rag", "Under the Double Eagle," and "At a Georgia Camp Meeting."