OVER 30 MEN REPORT FOR FIRST LACROSSE DRILL

TEAM HAS CHANCE TO COMPETE IN OLYMPICS

Informal lacrosse practice started yesterday afternoon when over 30 candidates reported to Coach Madison Sayles '27 in the Briggs baseball cage. Although this is the largest number of men ever to report for the first lacrosse practice, many more men now engaged in other activities are also expected to report, both experienced and inexperienced players.

At the meeting yesterday, the players heard short talks by Sayles, assistant coach Robert Pool, and manager R. G. Snider '32. Sayles spoke of the fact that there is plenty of opportunity for inexperienced men to make the team, stressing the fact that they will have all the time between now and when the squad is able to get outdoors to learn the fundamentals of the game. Snider commented on the schedule for this year, which includes games with M. I. T., Stevens Institute, New Hampshire, Dartmouth, Williams, Brown, Navy, and Yale. The Stevens, Dartmouth, Williams, Brown, Navy, and Yale games are to be played away.

Harvard has an opportunity this year of being selected to be one of two teams to make a trip to the Olympic games this summer. The National Olympic Lacrosse Committee will select an Olympic team by a play-off series at the end of the college lacrosse season. Eight teams will be selected for this series. The Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association will also organize an all star team. These two teams will make the trip to the Pacific Coast where they will engage several Western colleges.