SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA PLAYS FOR UNIVERSITY

Holst and Koussevitzky Wield Baton in Sanders This Evening-Guest Conductor Leads His Own Work

The Boston Symphony Orchestra offers a program featuring both modern and classical music in one of its regular series of concerts in the Sanders Theatre at 8 o'clock tonight. Dr. Sergo Koussevitzky, director of the Orchestra, will lead, the opening number, and will then turn the baton over to Dr. Gustav Theodore Holst, of London, England, who is staying in Boston this month as guest conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Dr. Koussevitzky will conduct the rest of the program.

First on the program will come Bach's suite No. 2 in B minor, for flutes and strings. Following this Dr. Hoist will lead the Boston musicians in a rendition of the Ballet from his opera, "The Perfect Fool". Dr. Hoist conducted the Orchestra in the first American performance of this in Symphony Hall three weeks ago. He composed it in 1921, writing the words and score of the opera. The composer's greatest work is a suite entitled "The Planets", which he may play at a future Cambridge concert. The concert will close with Tehaikously's Symphony No. 6 in B minor.