SIX SQUASH MEN OFF TO CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES

BARNABY, FRAME, PATTERSON TO TEAM WITH POOL IN FRAY

This morning six members of the University A squash racquets team will leave for Baltimore, where they will take part in the National Squash racquets championships, which will begin tomorrow at 10 o'clock and continue through the week-end to Monday afternoon.

Beekman Pool '32, will play in the individual matches for Harvard in the Class A tournament; in this class the Harvard player will probably meet his brother, Lawrence Pool '28, New York State squash racquets champion, and present holder of the National Championship; this was won last year from Donald Strachan of Princeton.

Pool, who is the Massachusetts squash racquets champion this year, last week won the Intercollegiate at Hartford, defeating A. W. Patterson '32 in the final round. It is interesting to note that three out of the four men in the semi-finals of the Intercollegiate were from the Harvard delegation: A. W. Patterson '32, J. M. Barnaby '32 and Beckman Pool '32. Bearing this in mind and with the added fact that the Harvard A team won the Massachusetts league A squash racquets championship this month, the Harvard players seem to have a very good chance in the coming tournament. Last year, with a team composed of three of the same men, Harvard won the title.

In the team tournament Harvard will be represented by: A. W. Patterson '32, D. M. Frame '32, and J. M. Barnaby '32, with G. R. Clark '32 as alternate. Pool is usually number one man on the team, but will play alone tomorrow; hence all the other members of the team have been moved up one place.