FRENCH FILM "MARIUS" SHOWN BY FOUNDATION

"LE MILLION" AND "LE TROU DANS LE MUR" HAD FULL HOUSES

In collaboration with the University Film Foundation, the French Talking Films Committee will present the third picture of the winter when "Marius" by Marel Pagnol will be shown Friday and Saturday at 2.30, 5.15 and 8.15 o'clock in the New Geography Building, 2 Divinity Avenue.

Following the precedent of "Le Trou Dans Le Mur" there will be no admission charged, but it will be necessary to limit admission since only 300 students an be accomodated at one performance in the auditorium. Tickets may be obtained at University R on presentation of a bursars card. Radcliffe students may obtain passes for admission at the same place.

The story is concerned with the old struggle between a woman and the sea for the possession of a man's heart. The man, Marius, is troubled by the added complication of having the blustering proprietor of a cafe for a father. The picture will be easily intelligible to those who have no knowledge of French. Tickets should be obtained shortly since even with extended showing "Le Million" and "Le Trou dans Le Mur" attracted more spectators than should be seated with the existing capacity.