THE BRICK-KILN

In the modern world, architecture is the art most closely allied to business. The writer or painter can confine himself strictly to his own work, but the architect is compelled to deal with questions of real estate, engineering and even of law, which have no place in the study of architecture proper. The necessity for learning these things after graduation unduly prolongs the apprenticeship of the young architect. The opening of a clinic in the Architectural School of discuss these business aspects of the profession is a timely and intelligent move.

In the new architectural clinic the student will have the opportunity to learn the actual conditions of his work. The fact that a number of established architects in Boston will attend the course indicates its practical value. It can also be of service to undergraduates who are considering architecture as a career. The uninitiate may glean from it an idea of the profession which he would not get from more technical courses. The wide experience of Mr. Charles Lench, who will conduct the course, is a guarantee that it will be profitably conducted.