PITTSBURGH COURTMEN TRIM HARVARD 28 TO 25

CRIMSON'S RALLY IN LAST MINUTE BRINGS THREE GOALS

In a game marked by irregular playing by both teams, the Pittsburgh quintet defeated the University five at the Indoor Athletic Building last night. At the end of the first period the score stood 16-10 in favor of the visitors, but after the half the Crimson team halved this lead, with the final score 28 to 25.

W. J. Holland '33 was high scorer of the game, netting four field goals for Harvard, while Lawry, McCamant, and Ochsenhirt let the Pittsburgh attackers. The home team took the offensive during most of the game, but poor shooting nullified the effects of successful passing, making most of the Crimson sallies fruitless.

Other features of the game were Pittsburg's inability to sink short shots, and the Harvard quintet's failure to score many potential points because of unnecessary delaying in enemy territory. In the last minute and a half of play in a desperate rally, the Crimson score was augmented by three field goals bringing it within three points of Pittsburgh's.

The summary: PITTSBURG  HARVARD Wrobleski, W. Kowallis, l.f.  r.f., Holland, Baskerville Ochsenhirt, Brown, c.  c., Pattison Lawry, r.f.  l.f., Matursevitch, Rauh McCamant, S. Kowallis, l.g.  r.g., Huppuch, Reisner Smith, r.g.  l.g., Hageman

Score--Pittsburgh 28, Harvard 25. Goals--Pittsburgh: Lawry 3, McCamant 3, Ochsenhirt 3, Smith; Wrobleski; Harvard: Holland 4, Huppuch 2, Pattison 2, Baskerville, Hageman, Matursevitch. Fouls--Pittsburg: Lawry 2, Ochsenhirt 2, Wrobleski 2; Harvard: Huppuch, Matursevitch, Pattison.