OFFER PRIZE FOR BEST EDITORIALS ON LIQUOR

"Intercollegian" Will Give Awards To Winning Printed Editorial--April 20 Is Date Articles Are Due

Reviving the unsolved social problem of liquor, the Intercollegian is sponsoring a contest in an attempt to tap the undercurrent of opinion in the colleges. Five awards will be given in this editorial contest, which is open to all student writers who have thoughtful or constructive proposals.

Over 20 Harvard students sent in articles for the recent contest on disarmament, and two prizes were awarded. The first award is $40. $25 for the second, $15 for the third, and $10 for the fourth and fifth prizes.

The rules of the contest are as follows: Editorials must be written expressly for the contest, be published in a local paper or magazine, be not longer than 500 words; and must reach the editor of the intercollegian before April 20, 1932.

Suggested topics for the contest are: Beverage alcohol.--Shall society control its use? Personal and social effects of alcohol. Should the use of liquor in college be controlled? How? A national policy of education and legislation, Is there any adequate alternative to complete prohibition? A constructive campus policy.