BULKLEY WILL ADDRESS DEMOCRATIC CLUB TODAY

Ohio Senator Opens Series of Speeches In Connection With Campaign--Plans To Discuss Prohibition

Senator Robert J. Bulkley '02 will give an address in the Lowell House Common Room today at 4 o'clock as a guest of the Harvard Democratic Club, opening the club's activities in connection with the 1932 presidential campaign and inaugurating a series of speeches which will be given throughout the rest of the year.

In 1930 Bulkley ran for the Senate as an out-and-out wet in the state of Ohio, home of the Anti-Saloon League, winning from the dry candidate, Roscoe, in a contest to fill the vacancy left by the death of Senator Burton. He will be up for reelection this year.

While in college Bulkley was president of the CRIMSON and had the unique honor of swearing in as secretary F. D. Roosevelt '03. Following his graduation, he took his degree in the Law School and an M.A. in the Graduate School, thereafter practicing law in Cleveland.

In the Senate he has been a strong proponent of the bill for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, but today will speak on a subject with which he is more closely allied, Prohibition. Senator Bulkley is the only one of the presidential candidates named by the CRIMSON who is likely to be near Cambridge this spring.