COURSE FOR SWIMMING EXAMINERS OPENS TODAY

To Hold Two Classes Weekly For Three Weeks--Test Will Be Given at End Of That Period

A course for senior life savers in the University who wish to pass their examination to become qualified examiners starts today in the swimming pool of the New Indoor Athletic Building. The course will last until April 12. At that time candidates for the senior life saving certificate will report for practice and training under the guidance of the qualified examiner.

Instruction and tests will start today at 3 o'clock, and will continue with two classes every Tuesday and Thursday, from 3 to 4 o'clock and from 5 to 6 o'clock.

The men who are eligible for these classes are the men who have had a senior life saving certificate for at least one year and who are 20 years of age or who have served as camp counselors.

The examiner's test is considerably more difficult than the senior life saving one and persons contemplating taking it should start getting into condition now by swimming in the pool. The test consists of a quarter of a mile free style, retrieving a brick in ten feet of water without diving, swimming on the back, using the breast stroke for 100 yards, swimming the side stroke using but one arm for the same distance, and diving in racing manner.