COUNCIL DEBATES WITH OBERLIN ON SOCIALISM

NAME FOUR MEMBERS OF TEAM TO GO ON SPRING TRIP

In its second contest since mid-years, the University Debating Council will meet a strong Oberlin team at the University Club in Boston at 8.15 o'clock on Thursday. Afterwards an informal dance will be held, to which all members of the University are invited. Both events are being sponsored by the Boston Alumni Association of Oberlin.

Harvard will uphold the negative of the question "Resolved, That some form of socialism should be adopted in the United States". There will be six speakers, and each man is to speak for 15 minutes, with the exception of the first who will be given ten minutes, with a five-minute rebuttal. The Crimson participants, in the order in which they will speak, are W. A. McGivney '33, H. M. Lawn '34, D. M. Sullivan '33, and R. H. Amberg '33 (alternate). The negative speakers are Bodimer, Smith, and Grabill.

The four members of the Council who will make the spring trip were announced last night: M. A. Hoffman '34, G. F. Oest '33, S. M. Peyser '34, and S. J. Wener '33. During the course of the trip three contests will be held, all in the vicinity of Philadelphia.

On April 5 the Harvard debaters will face Villanova, and will argue the question "Resolved, That Congress Should Build Our Navy to Treaty Strength". In this contest, the colleges will be split, Harvard having two negative and one affirmative speakers.